- Is there an age requirement or limit to serve as an IESC volunteer?
There is not an age limit to volunteer with IESC, although for this particular initiative we prefer volunteer experts over the age of 50. Exceptions can be made depending on the actual assignment.
- What is the average duration of a volunteer assignment?
Two to four weeks. The actual duration depends on the nature of the assignment.
- What costs are covered by the program?
• Economy air tickets from your home of record to the final destination in China
• Hotel accommodations in Western style hotel (four-star or above)
• A daily allowance paid in local currency. This allowance is designed to meet reasonable living expenses in country
- What types of insurance are provided during the assignment?
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance and Emergency Assistance (Medevac) Insurance. All IESC volunteers are required to have their own medical insurance that also covers them internationally.
- Can I bring my spouse along during the assignment?
It depends on the nature and length of the assignment. In general, all cost related to spouse or family members travel are paid by the volunteer.
- If my spouse travels with me, will he/she enjoy the same insurance coverage by IESC?
Yes. A volunteer’s spouse will have the same insurance coverage as the volunteer.
- Can I do personal travel after the assignment?
Yes. Volunteers can go on personal travel after the completion of an assignment. Volunteers should cover all expenses related to stays beyond the volunteer assignment.